This report examines key findings from a recent cloud survey conducted by Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of data recovery, ediscovery and information management.
The survey was conducted at VMware Forums globally from April through June 2012, with 367 IT professionals participating in-person. Fifty-one percent of those surveyed represented enterprises while 32 percent were service providers.
This report will:
- Define “cloud” and look at adoption trends
- Identify the benefits and risks associated with the cloud
- Explain why cloud and virtualization data recoveries are challenging
- Provide questions organizations should ask prior to engaging in cloud storage solutions
- Address the myths and realities associated with the cloud