One of our customers accidentally dropped his iPad from a train, in the middle of the woods. Amazingly, they were able to locate the iPad, but it was severely damaged and all the data was lost.
Our data recovery engineer reviewed the device to evaluate the damage and recovery possibilities. He found:
- The digitizer was destroyed, so the iPad did not respond to touch
- The second layer comprised of the LCD (which displays all the content) was ruined
- The chassis, battery and the lightning connector were also damaged
- The iPad was rebooting itself every 2 minutes giving the engineer only few seconds window to perform the recovery between the reboots!
- Fortunately, the motherboard was actually in fairly good condition, facilitating the recovery of the data
After undergoing work by our engineer, we were able to recover 100% of the data.