Tuesday, June 27, 2000
Ontrack now offers award-winning utility suite in an application service provider optionONTRACK Data International, Inc., (NASDAQ: ONDI), a leading provider of data availability software and service solutions, today introduced Ontrack SystemSuiteTMfor ASP, a Web-enabled version of its PC "mega-utility" suite delivered via the application service provider (ASP) model. Based on the award-winning Ontrack SystemSuite 2000, Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP eases PC maintenance for client users and reduces help desk calls and troubleshooting time for IT professionals, while offering true flexibility to adapt to IT staff needs.
The ASP model represents the latest trend in software delivery, allowing organizations to rent computer applications stored in a remote data center and have them delivered through the Internet. Application service providers purchase the software and in effect rent application use to the customer. The ASP model is ideal for companies that need to control IT administration costs or provide more effective support to users in multiple locations. "While most IT managers are under increasing pressure to support users in remote locations, remain flexible and keep their costs down, how this is accomplished varies from company to company," said Mike Rogers, Ontrack CEO. "Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP was developed to provide flexible software delivery options for our customers, allowing them to select the options and functions most appropriate for their users."
Developed for PC OEMs, eSupport providers, IT outsourcing companies and Internet service providers (ISPs), Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP is designed to provide client users with an easy and effective way to protect and maintain computers and stored information, while also providing emergency help to recover data from crashed machines. Prior to Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP, IT professionals had to use remote control software or travel to individual workstations to manage end-user problems. The ASP capabilities will ease the IT professional's work responsibilities, while reducing time spent on help desk calls from users.
Additional benefits of Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP include:
- IT/IS staff maintains control - Administrators determine the amount of end-user functionality and manage the scope of the utility functions by user group, offering true flexibility to adapt the software to an IT/IS department's needs.
- Effortless scalability - Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP enables IT/IS staff to easily modify the number of users with access to the utility applications, eliminating the need for individual installations and updates on each PC.
- Easy implementation - Implementation can be as simple as creating a link to an Intranet or customizing the program to create a unique user interface for each organization.
- Automatic upgrades - Ontrack SystemSuite for ASP is stored on a central server and accessed via a Web browser by the end user, when needed. Updates and new revisions are automatically downloaded, making application management easy and efficient.
- Disk and File Tools help restore lost disk space, back up critical files and optimize drives for fast data retrieval and storage.
- System Registry Tools back up, optimize and clean system registries.
- Virus ScannerTM Tools offer options to help safeguard computers from viruses, using the most up-to-date virus definitions available.
- Disk Cleanup Tools efficiently manage wasted disk space created over time by browsing the Web, uninstalling software and even normal daily use of the computer.
- System Diagnostic Tools help find current and potential problems in an operating system.
- ZipMagic® Wizard Tools handle all popular zip formats and allow users to zip and unzip files and create self-extracting zip files.
- Crisis CenterTM Tools provide an instant link to Ontrack's data recovery services with four available levels to diagnose problems and recover lost data.
- System Protection Tools can protect the operating system and files from unexpected disasters, such as data loss due to application crashes and system boot problems.
Ontrack, a leading provider of data availability software and service solutions, helps customers protect, manage, recover and discover their valuable data. Using its hundreds of proprietary tools and techniques, Ontrack is able to recover lost or corrupted data from virtually all operating systems and types of storage devices through its do-it-yourself, remote and in-lab capabilities. With its Electronic Information Management business, Ontrack specializes in searching and recovering computer information ¡- such as e-mail and user data - for use in legal matters. Ontrack also offers a line of award-winning software tools to help prevent critical data loss through a broad line of problem-solving, file-management and productivity utilities. In addition, Ontrack offers its RapidRecallTM line of backup and restore software and services for remote users.
Ontrack can be reached through its World Wide Web site at http://www.ontrack.com or by calling 800-872-2599 (612-937-5161 or 952-937-5161). In addition to its Minneapolis headquarters, Ontrack operates other locations in Los Angeles, Boulder, Colo., Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris and Stuttgart. Ontrack also makes its data recovery services available in Tokyo through its strategic alliance with Y-E Data, a company with over 25 years of experience in storage devices. # # # ONTRACK, ONTRACK SYSTEMSUITE, VIRUSSCANNER, ZIPMAGIC, CRISISCENTER, and RAPIDRECALL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ONTRACK Data International, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Ben Blomberg, 952-516-3617, Ben.Blomberg@krolldiscovery.com