Kroll Ontrack® honors thought leaders in electronic discovery
Third annual electronic evidence thought leadership awards recognize legal professionals and law firms whose work has shaped the future of electronic discovery and computer forensics
MINNEAPOLIS – March 18, 2005 – Kroll Ontrack® yesterday honored top legal professionals with its third annual Electronic Evidence Thought Leadership Awards. Award recipients include law firms, litigators, practice support professionals and scholars who have shown excellence and leadership in the field of electronic discovery.
This year’s award winners were formally recognized at a lunch reception in conjunction with the Daily Journal LegalWorks West Coast Conference & Exhibition in San Francisco, Calif. Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of electronic and paper-based document discovery solutions and computer forensic services for law firms, government entities and corporations, began formally recognizing leaders in electronic discovery in 2003.
“Electronic Discovery technology and law continued to evolve at a record pace in 2004. It is a significant task to keep abreast of these changes and to appropriately adapt your legal best practices,” said Kristin Nimsger, vice president of Legal Technologies at Kroll Ontrack. “We feel that it is important to recognize those professionals excelling in this changing environment. These awards recognize the great achievements of a few among many.”
"It is an honor for me and my team to be recognized by our peers in the electronic discovery field," said Michael Bawden, Litigation Support Manager at Sidley Austin Brown and Wood LLP in the Chicago office. "Sidley is committed to providing our clients with the best technology resources available, and I am pleased to have received recognition for our work."
Recipients of the 2005 Electronic Evidence Thought Leadership Awards include:
- Thought Leading Law Firm – Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP (Boston, Mass.)
- Thought Leading Litigator – Jeffrey D. Brown, Esq., Principal, Wright, Robinson, Osthimer & Tatum (Richmond, Va.)
- Thought Leading Antitrust Practitioner – Jeane Thomas, Esq., Partner, Crowell & Morning (Washington, D.C.)
- Thought Leading Litigation Support – Michael Bawden, Litigation Support Manager, Sidley, Austin, Brown & Wood LLP (Chicago, Ill.)
- Thought Leading Scholar – The Hon. Richard E. Best (ret.), private judge and discovery referee (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Thought Leading Electronic Discovery Case of the Year – Toshiba Am. Elec. Components, Inc. v. The Superior Court of Santa Clara Co., 21 Cal. Rptr. 3d. 532 (Cal. Ct. App. 2004)
- Thought Leading Computer Forensic Case of the Year – LeJeune v. Coin Acceptors, Inc., 2004 849 A.2d 451 (Md. 2004)
For the “case of the year” categories, awards were presented to the Plaintiff’s and Defendant’s counsel, and presiding judge.
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack Inc. (www.krollontrack.com) provides electronic and paper-based discovery, computer forensics, and data recovery solutions to help companies, law firms, and government agencies quickly and cost-effectively review, manage and produce information and documents. Kroll Ontrack, based in Eden Prairie, Minn., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kroll Inc., the world’s leading risk consulting company.
Kroll Ontrack Inc.
9023 Columbine Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Ben Blomberg, 952-516-3617, Ben.Blomberg@krolldiscovery.com