Kroll Ontrack announces recipients of second annual electronic evidence thought leadership awardsMINNEAPOLIS – March 31, 2004 – Kroll Ontrack Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Kroll Inc. (NASDAQ: KROL), that provides electronic evidence and data recovery services and software, announced the recipients of the 2004 Electronic Evidence Thought Leadership Awards last night during a dinner and panel discussion hosted by the Company. The event, titled “Electronic Discovery Best Practices in Antitrust Matters,” was held at the JW Marriott in Washington, D.C. and featured experts Michael Cowie, Partner in the Washington D.C. office of Howrey Simon Arnold & White, LLP, Chul Pak, Assistant Director at the Federal Trade Commission, and James Mutchnik, Partner in the Chicago, IL office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
Prior to the panel discussion, Ben Allen, president of Kroll Ontrack, presented the awards. “Kroll Ontrack is pleased to acknowledge the recipients of these awards. Each award recipient deserves to be recognized for their significant contributions in the emerging and evolving world of electronic evidence,” stated Allen.
Recipients of the Second Annual Electronic Evidence Thought Leadership Awards were nominated by their colleagues and peers and include:
- Kirkland & Ellis as the Electronic Evidence Thought Leading Law Firm.
- William Hagedorn, Partner at McDermott, Will & Emery as the Electronic Evidence Thought Leading Litigator of the year.
- Michael Cowie, Partner at Howrey Simon Arnold & White, LLP as the Electronic Evidence Thought Leading Antitrust Practitioner.
- Barbara Gueth, Litigation Technology Specialist for Ropes & Gray LLP, for demonstrating Electronic Evidence Thought Leading Litigation Support practices.
- Michael R. Arkfeld author of Electronic Discovery and Evidence and The Digital Practice of Law as the Electronic Evidence Thought Leading Scholar.
- Zubulake v. UBS Warburg was recognized as the Thought Leading Electronic Discovery Case of the Year.
- Kucala Enters.Ltd v. Auto Wax Co. was recognized as the Thought Leading Computer Forensic Case of the Year.
For more information on this event, or to request a transcript, please contact Nicolle Martin at 952-949-4137.
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack Inc. (www.krollontrack.com) provides electronic evidence and data recovery solutions to help individuals, companies, law firms, and federal agencies quickly and cost-effectively recover electronic information. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kroll Inc. (NASDAQ: KROL), the world’s leading risk consulting company. Formerly known as ONTRACK Data International, Inc., Kroll Ontrack operates as Kroll’s “Technology Services Group,” one of five businesses dedicated to providing clients worldwide with practical, integrated solutions to mitigate risk.
Ben Blomberg, 952-516-3617, Ben.Blomberg@krolldiscovery.com