Kroll Ontrack launches Ontrack Inview in Asia to reinvent electronic discovery
Award-winning document review tool, optimizing time and cost savings for legal document review teams, comes to Asia in time for expected surge in litigation cases and responding to government
Hong Kong – Jan. 15, 2009 – Kroll Ontrack®, the industry's leading provider of paper and electronic discovery, computer forensics and electronically stored information (ESI) consulting, jury consulting, and courtroom presentation services, today announced the Asia launch of Ontrack® Inview™, a review tool that gives legal document review teams the ability to perform online document review in a secure database repository uniquely dedicated to their case.
"Helping reviewers easily and quickly manage production deadlines in cases involving multiple review teams and multilingual documents, including East Asian languages, Ontrack Inview is the most advanced review application available today," said Kenneth V. Nourse, Managing Director, Legal Technologies, Asia Pacific for Kroll Ontrack. "To support the anticipated surge in litigation cases and responses to government investigations, this online review tool will not only allow legal review teams to save time, but will aid them in the quest to curb discovery costs."
Ontrack Inivew maximizes efficiency in the review process with robust functionality and multilingual support. Backed by an experienced client support team, Ontrack Inview optimizes time and cost savings by placing more control of the discovery process in the hands of the legal team. Specifically, the benefits of using Ontrack Inview for review include:
- No waiting time. A document typically loads onto the computer screen in less than one second.
- Cutting-edge technology. Access to electronic data, paper documents and audio files by custodian, topic grouping or a combination of both methods in one database.
- Scalable search options. Find relevant documents faster with concept and keyword search capabilities.
- Unicode compliance for international projects. Collect, process, review and produce documents in various languages including Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Native, tiff and text ready for your review. Review files in native or tiff format maintaining the ability to manage various tiff image, native and text production formats.
- Accurate case assessment and analysis. Display themes, communication patterns, and relationships between people, timelines and events through graphs and charts.
- View production images delivered to your opponent. Simultaneously streamline and manage both review and production documents in a single database.
"We understand that the discovery process can be overwhelming, especially with multiple parties and investigating government authorities, multi-language documents, and tight document production deadlines. Based on lawyer interactions in Asia, Ontrack Inview has already received a good response and we are confident this technology will effectively reinvent electronic discovery and online review in Asia," added Nourse.
More information about Ontrack Inview can be found on the Web at www.ontrackinview.com
Kroll, the world's leading risk consulting company, provides a broad range of investigative, intelligence, financial, security and technology services to help clients reduce risks, solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Headquartered in New York with offices in more than 65 cities in over 33 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary corps of more than 3,800 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies and individuals. It is a subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC), the global professional services firm. Visit Kroll online at www.kroll.com.
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers recover, search, analyze, produce and present data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, advanced search, paper and electronic discovery, computer forensics, ESI consulting, and trial consulting and presentation services. Kroll Ontrack is a technology services division of Kroll Inc., the global risk consulting company. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com; www.ontrackdatarecovery.com; www.engeniumsearch.com; www.trialgraphix.com.