Kroll Ontrack expands DIY data recovery software tool to include data protection and destruction functionality
Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 empowers users to protect, recover and permanently destroy data across the full information lifecycle, including virtual data
MINNEAPOLIS, September 17, 2013 – Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of data recovery, ediscovery and information management, today announced the availability of Ontrack® EasyRecovery™ version 11. Complete with S.M.A.R.T. scan technology to monitor hard drive health, the ability to permanently delete data at the file/folder level, and support for data recovery and permanent data destruction in virtual environments, Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 is a full-scale solution for do-it-yourself (DIY) data recovery, protection and destruction.
“More than ever, organizations and home users are seeking cost-effective, DIY solutions to manage data across the full information lifecycle,” said Abhik Mitra, product manager, Kroll Ontrack. “Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 bolsters its functionality to proactively protect against data loss and conduct secure, permanent deletion, even in virtual environments. It’s data protection, recovery and destruction in one easy-to-use solution.”
Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 includes powerful feature enhancements, including:
- S.M.A.R.T. Scan: Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T. Scan) empowers IT professionals and home users to proactively monitor hard drive health to prevent downtime and data loss. In seconds, S.M.A.R.T. Scan identifies the amount and type of data being used, the condition of sectors, and other critical hard drive metrics (read error rate, spin-up time, reallocated sector count, seek error rate, spin retry count and temperature), allowing users to make informed decisions about whether to repair or replace hardware, budget for new hardware to mitigate a data loss situation, or simply clean out hard drive space.
- Permanent Data Deletion: Unlike standard data deletion that often leaves data still recoverable, Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 permanently deletes data at the file and folder level or across an entire drive at a much lower cost than other permanent erasure solutions. Whether retiring end-of-life computers or freeing up disk space, permanent data deletion mitigates the risk associated with lingering digital footprints.
- DIY Data Recovery and Permanent Deletion in Virtual Environments (Enterprise version only): To assist IT professionals with data recovery and deletion in virtual environments, Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 supports the recovery of lost or deleted virtual data and offers permanent and secure deletion of virtual files and folders.
“IT administrators and developers are increasingly utilizing virtual environments like VMware® Fusion® to run and toggle between multiple operating system platforms, generating an enormous volume of potentially critical data,” said Mitra. “Ontrack EasyRecovery 11 is an easy-to-use, DIY software solution that supports data recovery in such virtual environments, but also allows IT professionals to permanently delete virtual files and folders, protecting organizations from having critical data fall into the wrong hands.”
Installation of Ontrack EasyRecovery is fast with most users recovering data in minutes. The powerful scanning engine builds a file list of all recoverable files from local/external hard drives (HDD/SSD), optical and digital media, iPods, tablet devices and mobile phones that work as removable storage and disk image files. Recoverable files can be previewed and all recovery operations are secure. Supported languages include Dutch, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Chinese and Japanese.
Ontrack EasyRecovery is offered in three editions. It is available via an annual, renewable license, which gives users the benefit of performing unlimited recoveries from local storage, and external media, and the tool works on all drive capacities.
- Ontrack EasyRecovery Enterprise: A network recovery support solution for companies that need to protect multiple workstations. Key capabilities include: RAID recoverability for both hardware and software, VMware support for recovery and permanent data deletion, network support for recovering remote systems, and advanced features consisting of proprietary diagnostic utilities and tools.
- Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional: A business tool equipped with data protection, recovery and eraser tools, including a deep scanning utility suitable for all recovery situations as well as advanced configuration settings.
- Ontrack EasyRecovery Home: A comprehensive tool for home users who need a quick and easy-to-use tool to protect, recover or erase digital photos, movies, music and important documents. The software allows for recovery from local hard drives, including emptied recycle bins and trash, and supports most media types: hard drives, optical and digital media.
Users are now invited to download a free trial of Ontrack EasyRecovery at https://www.krollontrack.com/data-recovery/recovery-software/.
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, search, analyze and produce data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com or follow @KrollOntrack on Twitter.
Media Contact: Kaitlin Shinkle, 952-516-3581, firstname.lastname@example.org