Kroll Ontrack Donates $500,000 in Data Recovery Services & Sends Specialists to Help Those Affected by Hurricane Harvey
Minneapolis, Minn. – September 5, 2017 – With Hurricane Harvey devastating the South and causing massive flooding and property damage, Kroll Ontrack, part of the KrolLDiscovery Group, will be on location in Houston starting September 5th, donating data recovery services to individuals and businesses impacted by the storm. Expert data recovery specialists will be available at specific Houston locations and offering in-person consultations and evaluations of damaged media. Houston residents will receive free data recovery service. Additionally, businesses impacted by the flooding will receive a deeply-discounted flat fee for recovery of any single desktop, laptop or hard drive/SSD. Kroll Ontrack has been helping victims of natural disasters recover their business-critical and sentimental data for 30 years.
"Individuals and businesses have suffered devastating losses of personal and professional property due to Hurricane Harvey, including digital data,” said Chris Weiler, President and CEO of KrolLDiscovery. “The employees of Kroll Ontrack want to assist Houston residents in the recovery of this critical and personal information, such as records, and family photographs. Kroll Ontrack has a long and successful history in helping victims of natural disasters and we want to help those in need.”
For drop-off locations and more information on this offer, view online at https://www.krollontrack.com/services/data-recovery/natural-disasters or contact Kroll Ontrack at 800-872-2599.
TIPS: Kroll Ontrack recommends that people fearing loss of their vital information consider the following before assuming that the damage is permanent:
- Never assume that data is unrecoverable, no matter what it has been through
- Never attempt to plug in or turn on water-damaged devices
- Do not shake, disassemble or attempt to clean any hard drive or server that has been damaged; improper handling can make recovery operations more difficult which can lead to valuable information being lost
- Never attempt to dry water-damaged media by opening it or exposing it to heat, such as from a hairdryer
- Do not attempt to operate visibly damaged devices
- Do not attempt to freeze-dry media
- Do not use common software utility programs on broken or water-damaged devices
- For mission critical situations, contact a data recovery professional before any attempts are made to reconfigure, reinstall or reformat
About Kroll Ontrack, LLC
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-enabled services and software to help law firms, corporations, government agencies and consumers solve complex data challenges. Part of the KrolLDiscovery brand, Kroll Ontrack provides ediscovery services and market leading data recovery for any type of media – hard drives, SSD, server, RAID, virtual, cloud, mobile, tape, NAS/SAN/DAS, laptop, desktop computers and Apple devices. Additionally, through proprietary technologies and expert services around the globe, Kroll Ontrack helps clients with email extraction, tape management and data destruction. For more information about Kroll Ontrack offerings, please visit www.krollontrack.com. Or follow @KrollOntrack on Twitter.
Media Contact: Jennifer Duits, 952-906-4868, firstname.lastname@example.org