Wednesday, December 8, 1999
Ontrack Utility removes unwanted personal computer clutterONTRACK Data International, Inc., (NASDAQ: ONDI), a leading provider of data availability software and service solutions, today announced plans to ship EasyUninstallTM 2000, an easy-to-use software utility program that safely removes unwanted personal computer files and programs. The new software will be in retail stores in December with a suggested retail price of $29.95.
With more features than any other uninstall software program on the market, EasyUninstall 2000 provides a safe method for removing unwanted programs or files, and detecting application dependencies, while leaving all shared files and extensions on the system. By scanning the entire system and finding dependencies between programs and files, EasyUninstall 2000 detects which files can be removed and which are still being used elsewhere.
“EasyUninstall 2000 helps computer users clear away the clutter they accumulated on their PC while browsing the Internet. The program gives them control of their Internet privacy by removing cookies, traces of sites they have visited and other Internet files that were downloaded to their PC,” said Mike Kronenberg, Ontrack chief technical officer. “The full set of features also helps safely remove unwanted programs and files. EasyUninstall 2000 goes above and beyond what is offered by competitive products, and is a must-have product for all PC users.”
EasyUninstall 2000 includes:
- “One-click” cleanup - frees up disk space by removing unwanted programs, Web browser history and temporary Internet files, such as cookies, Active X components and cache pages.
- Windows registry cleanup - offers the most powerful tools available for removing errors and bad data in the Windows registry
- ArchiveApps - stores unneeded programs, settings and preferences in a compressed archive, allowing users to restore a program, if needed.
- WinCustomizerTM - personalizes Windows by allowing users to change boot settings, start up/shutdown logos and menu speed
- EasyUpdateTM - a data and software update system that eases updates via the Internet.
- SizeManagerTM - identifies for the user which folders are taking up the most space.
- Self-installing files - allow users to move programs between drives or PCs and keep all settings and preferences
- Process-based tracking - allows users to monitor installations.
- Complete undo capabilities - assures that nothing is lost forever.
- One year of free phone technical support.
Ontrack, a leading provider of data availability software and service solutions, helps customers protect, back-up, recover and discover their valuable data. Using its hundreds of proprietary tools and techniques, Ontrack is able to recover lost or corrupted data from all operating systems and types of storage devices through its do-it-yourself, remote and in-lab capabilities. Ontrack now offers a line of award-winning software tools to help prevent critical data loss through a broad line of problem solving, file management and productivity utilities. Ontrack can be reached through its World Wide Web site at http://www.ontrack.com or by calling 800-872-2599 (612-937-5161). In addition to its Minneapolis headquarters, Ontrack operates other locations in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., New York, Tokyo, London, Paris, Stuttgart and Boulder, Colo.
ONTRACK, EASYUNINSTALL, EASYUPDATE, WINCUSTOMIZER and SIZEMANAGER are trademarks or registered trademarks of ONTRACK Data International, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.