Before attempting to restore recovered data (regardless of the operating system), your system should meet the following criteria:
- System is bootable
- Operating system installed
- Enough free space on the system to hold the data to be restored
- Software applications installed
Important: If your software applications have already been installed, these files should NOT be restored from the returned media. Only files NOT currently on the system should be restored. You may cause file corruption by overwriting system and/or application files.
Select the media type that matches the media containing your recovered data for additional restoration directions.
- Restoring recovered data
- Restoring recovered Windows files
- Restoring recovered Mac files
- Restoring recovered Unix tar files
- Restoring recovered Unix Cpio data
- Restoring recovered DOS files
Our technical support team is available at (800) 584-1621 or (952) 937-2121 to help you restore files and data. Please complete the preparation steps outlined above prior to contacting technical support so that we can provide you with the most efficient service possible.